Great news for the transparent screen app, the downloads are 5,000,000 now. I publish this app in 2012 Aug 06, now less than two months, Great Job, Well done.
I have publish several apps, two are camera related, one is called silent camera app, another is transparent screen camera. And there also has a separate photo vault. There are different type app, but actually some FAQ is common for both. So I list all the FAQ in here, also the different between these two apps.
1. Top 1 FAQ, why the camera function failed in my phone?
[Answer:] Sorry, since android has different version and different vendor, when one function works in one phone, it also might be failed in other phones, and currently even google do not have any better solution for this issue. The only thing we can do is, you send me your phone type, and os version, I can try to find a similar phone from my friends and debug the problem.
2. Second FAQ, can this app take picture silently?
[Answer:] Yes, but I am using a hack way to implement this, so you might find the picture resolution is not so good. But there is another way to disable camera sound and have the good resolution, you can try to search these key words(How to disable camera sound in android, how to root android phone) from google to find the way to do this. Or you can check one guy who list the detail steps in here: http://twigstechtips.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/android-disable-camera-sound.html
Once you remove the sound by yourself, you do not need to check the silent option in my app.
3. What's the magic file, what's the photo vault?
[Answer:] This is the very cool feature, currently I have not found any similar app has this features. It was my ideas. When you want to hide the picture, most app will just change the name or put them into a place which is hidden for normal app. But that make more problem, when people found you have put some files in a wrong name or in a secret place, they will know, hey, these files are secret files.
So my solution is, turn your real files to a fake magic files, when people open it, it is just like a normal picture. And your real picture is hidden in this normal fake picture. They just can not view it. :)
When you want to view it, you can export the real pictures.
4. All the other functions, you can check with my youtube channel to find the video about how to use this app.
If you still have problem, feel free to post in here or email to me email@example.com
What's the different for these two apps?
1. Silent camera is more like a camera app, it has more stable camera function, and it also support video record, even the HD video. And more features, like quick start, and schedule snap etc.
But this app only support to have a pre-defined fake screen. Actually total black screen is already enough, but user request me to add more. :)
2. Transparent screen camera app is more like a cool app, you still can use it as a camera app, because it can take picture in background even you are using your phone to play real game and make real phone call. But it is not stable, honestly the resolution also is not so good. But it is cool. :) And it looks like users like this one more.
To download it through google play store, just search julycamera, you will find my app.